Saturday, February 6, 2010

BIKE......

Here is the lowdown! Justin, bought me a vintage 1974 Raleigh bicycle made in England. He had it rebuilt here in Denton at a local bike shop called BullsEye Bikes. I highly recommend them!

A little bit of back story. Kendra and I went to pick up here bike up at this shop and I just started to look around. I knew that one of the owners was a believer and a guy in our home group worked there. Once I began to look around and asking questions about their business I saw that they were men of integrity and ran a business that helped other people in need. So I began to look more intently and I found it, bright yellow, saddle back seat with springs, no tires, etc. I got so giddy inside because if you know me, I love things with character. The more they explained the bike my heart/flesh really wanted to. For two reason, One, because Justin has a bike and loves to ride and if I got one I could join him, two, because I really really like the style and color!

I called Justin right away and I told them the quote and he thought it was a good price so for me to go for it. Then I called him back because the more we talked about the bike, the more the price started to go up. At that point, he was uneasy about it because he knew I had a lot of things left to buy for the wedding. So I left there a bit sad but knew that if I was suppose to have it one day, it would still be there when I could afford.

Fast forward about 3 weeks. I had just had a really hard day, just sad and overwhelmed with how much I am spending on this wedding. I meet Justin at our favorite coffee shop, Jupiter House Eruopa. He meets me outside to greet me like he always does and I was just sad and wanting to be held. Of course it was freezing so we went inside and we were sitting there talking. I look outside, and I studied the bike for awhile, thinking " hey, that's the bike i wanted (literally looking at every detail), got a little mad and sad inside at the same time because "someone" in this coffee shop had bought MY BIKE!

I mentioned it to Justin. I go "that looks just like the bike I wanted" he grinned at me, handed me a key to the lock and said "lets go see if it unlocks it". I flipped! I think I might have said, I just dont know what to do with you!

We get outside, we just hugged for a long time and he handed me a note that said this
"Dear Kelsey,
This bike was made in England nin 1974. In Texas in 2010 I sold a guitar and gt you this bike to serve as a symbol that I'll always be begging God to give me the strength to daily sacrifice for you, lay down my life for you and do everything in my power to provide for you in ways that nurture your heart, encourage you, give you life and bring you joy. ...."

How blessed I am! I am glad I get to spend the rest of my life, Lord willing, getting to be loved by him!!

Pics will be on their way soon! Stay tuned....
Much love
Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE this story! and the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, I just loved this story! Margarita, recently shared your engagement news with me and i couldn't be more happy for you! congrats!

    ReplyDelete