Sunday, November 29, 2009

God's goodness on our lives....

Sundays are always special to me. I get to sit next to the man that the Lord has graciously gifted me with. I consider to be blessed to have a man that while he prays he is humbled by the God of our salvation that tears fall from his face.

His mercy on our lives becomes more apparent the more we get to recall all that He has done already. The thoughts that keep me humbled to think this is the fact that we are not entitled to tomorrow, to good health, to a long life with the one I am committing to serve and love until the Lord departs us from this world. At church today praying for our lead pastor and feeling the hurt that his wife and kids must be feeling. The confusing tension that God is good and joy but yet there is still pain in this life. It is such a great tension and to me it magnifies His goodness and grace.

Psalm 86:5,6
"For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace."

My hope and desire for this blog is that we will always meditate on His goodness and share with others of His faithfulness and mercy.

"Called Beauty" are lyrics by this couple from Memphis called Jenny & Tyler. These lyrics have recently overwhelmed my spirit for more of the Lord.

"do not spare the rod how i long for faithfulness
tell me once again of Your grace and woo me in
let not these lovers be more attractive than You God"

As I listen to this song I picture myself walking down the isle to my groom and to remember God's faithfulness in allowing me to do so. I love you Lord and we desire more of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment